My colleague Peter Ozolins suggested I will unlikely get anything completed while on our journey. However, I would learn who can accomplish things and how it can work. That said, I am working through three differing needs:
1. Market Stall just outside the gate for residents to sell their goods and
2. Wash Stand Canopies to provide shade when using water facilities.
3. Shelving that divides a sewing room from a library
Thus far, I have very little information about availability of materials, tools, specialized labor and their relative costs. Without that information, there is no way to plan their construction.
1. Materials: Availability, expense, means to fabricate, and assemble.
2. Labor: Availability and expense. Dependent on materials selection and tool availability.
3. Can the Kisulu and Kabanga communities work together sufficiently to replicate the results on their own?
4. Are the designs desirable?
The images below are simple concepts that could be fabricated from a variety of materials.